another side of Dunbar
I just stumbled across goforthtours.co.uk, when I bumped into the loquacious owner at a local bus meeting. It is one thing to visit Tantallon or Dirleton Castles under your own steam, but to have them interpreted opens up new layers of meaning of East Lothian’s rich history.
Not only that you get access to places like Gosford, Archerfield and Tyninghame House, which are not often open to the public.
The tours are for small groups only, max of 6, so have a certain intimacy which will improve your enjoyment and experience and opportunity to ask questions. Pickup points in North Berwick, and online booking is available.
All I can say is that if too many of East Lothian’s hidden secrets are revealed, will I be able to enjoy them as much?
- North Light Arts – ALASTAIR COOK McArthur’s Store
- Northlight 2012 Season
- Three Harbours Festival 2012
- Artroot Open Studios 2012 – 22nd-23rd September
- Haddington Farmers Market
- Remember the 4th, the 5th and the 6th of November
- Historic buildings and monuments
- Scottish Archaeology Month
- Doors Open Days